This is the page where we explain terms of Yaoi and/or Yuri. I use these ALOT in the pages, so I made this page for the people who need to know what I am saying. Copyright goes to the Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia for these definitions. Also, I am paraphrasing from the actual def. to make it simpler. C:
The Terms n' MeaningsEdit
- Yaoi - A type of show in which it contains male couples but the show itself is targeted toward a female audience.
- Yuri - This is basically the opposite of Yaoi. A type of show in which it contains female couples but the show itself is targeted toward a male audience.
- Seme - I use this word ALOT in my pages, as well as uke. Seme is the dominant partner in a relationship. They are usually on top. The seme in straight ship are MOST OF THE TIME the male.
- Uke - This is the more less dominant partner in a relationship. They let the seme do most of the work. Ukes are ALWAYS on bottom, except if they flip the seme over. In Straight ships, they are the female MOST OF THE TIME.
- Threesome - This is a general term for all "physical love" but I must add it. These are when there are 2 guys and 1 girl. Simple.
- Threeway - This is when there are 2 girls and 1 guy.
Okay, these are the terms I currently know off the top of my head. Feel free to add if you know more!